PETER'S BEST NEW SONGS OF THE WEEK 2-3-2022








Never in any particular order

2-3-2022

Ego Trip--Freedom Fry @freedomfrymusic

First To Love--Maia Freedman @maiafffff

Jade Bonsai Garden--Andrew Gabbard @andygabbard


This week's notes:

Ego Trip is a pleasant float down Wonka's chocolate river with a deceptively simple (and very effective) hook. Male/female duo.

Maia's voice is very reminiscent of Astrud Gilberto. The production isn't terrible.

Gabbard makes the list two weeks in a row. His bass playing is really stellar on this. I'm pretty sure he's using a pick and it sounds great.

I find I'm developing an automatic bias against tunes I can tell were produced in Ableton. Yes, I can tell. Fair warning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Since You Asked?

PETER'S BEST NEW SONGS OF THE WEEK 3-3-2022

The Matterhorn